Skills Development Courses (SDCs)
In BSAC training, many of the skills such as rescue and nitrox are integrated into the diver grades but there are lots of extra Skills Development Courses you can do. Our instructors are qualified to run many courses including:
- Dry-suit training (on demand)
- Dive planning and management
- Twinset diving
- Accelerated Decompression Procedures
- Compressor Operator and Mixed Gas Blender/Nitrox Gas Blender
- Practical Rescue Management
- Boat Handling
- Chartwork and position fixing
- Oxygen Administration
- First Aid for Divers
- Lifesaver and Advanced Lifesaver
For upcoming courses see the training programme.
We encourage our experienced Sports Divers to do a weekend BSAC Instructor Foundation Course (IFC). If you want to become an instructor it is the first step on the journey. Even if you don’t want to become an active instructor it is a valuable way to get your own skills in tip-top shape.