Anyone is welcome to join Clidive and the British Sub Aqua Club. Lots of members learnt to dive with Clidive, but there are many of us who started with other agencies like PADI, NAUI, SAA and CMAS. We fell in love with diving on holiday, and then joined Clidive to be more actively involved in diving.
We are a non-profit-making voluntary sports club and every effort is made to keep this exciting sport as affordable as possible to our members.
If you are already qualified and ‘dived up’ you can join us, book on a trip and start diving straight away. Benefits of membership include:
- Access to one of the largest activity programmes of any UK diving club
- Shared ownership of two highly specialised dive boats
- Shared ownership of our club van (it used to be orange!)
- Exclusive use of the wonderful Ironmonger Row Baths every Thursday to practice diving, snorkelling or just to have a swim
- Access to a huge national BSAC skills development training programme
- Very low cost scuba equipment hire
- Active Facebook and WhatsApp groups with lots of good dive advice and general chat
- Big social calendar and weekly pub night
Annual Clidive membership costs £165 or you can pay £15 a month by standing order. There are no joining fees!
British Sub Aqua Club Membership
You must be a member of BSAC to join Clidive. We help all new members through this process. It is very easy. BSAC is the biggest diving club in the world and it is the sports UK governing body. Benefits of membership include:
- Worldwide third-party liability insurance, up to the value of £10m
- Monthly copy of SCUBA magazine worth £54 per annum
- Unlimited access to expert advice from the experienced team at BSAC HQ
A full BSAC subscription is £60.50 per annum. There are various discounts for students, joint members, instructors, and others available. You can find the latest information on the BSAC website. There is a common renewal date in March so if you join in another month you pay pro-rata until the end of the next February. If you pay by Direct Debit there is a £10 discount each annual renewal.
When you join you will need to complete a UK Sport Diver Medical Form. This is the same form for all UK dive clubs and schools, irrespective of which training agency they belong to. You don’t have to be super-fit, but you must satisfy certain basic health and fitness requirements. If you have to answer ‘yes’ to any of the questions you must contact a Diver Medical Referee. More details are available on the BSAC website. If you need to ask us any questions about this just get in touch.
How to join
Drop down on a Thursday evening to meet us. It is handy to know in advance if you are coming to visit so it is best to arrange a time by emailing us:
If you are already a diver contact us at email@example.com.