Anyone is welcome to join Clidive and the British Sub Aqua Club. Lots of members learnt to dive with Clidive but there are also plenty of us who started our dive life with other agencies like PADI, NAUI, SAA and CMAS.
We are a non-profit-making voluntary sports club and every effort is made to keep this exciting sport as affordable as possible to our members.
If you are already qualified and ‘dived up’ you can join us, book on a trip and start diving straight away. Benefits of membership include:
- Access to one of the largest activity programmes of any UK diving club
- Shared ownership of two highly specialised dive boats
- Shared ownership of a kitted out transit van ‘dive mobile’
- Exclusive use of the wonderful Ironmonger Row Baths every Thursday to practice diving, snorkelling or just to have a swim
- Access to a huge national BSAC skills development training programme
- Very low cost scuba equipment hire
- Active Facebook group with lots of diving chat and a great resource for sharing info
- Big social calendar and weekly pub night
Annual Clidive membership costs £165 or you can pay £15 a month by standing order. There are no joining fees!
British Sub Aqua Club Membership
BSAC is the biggest diving club in the world and it is the sports UK governing body. Benefits of membership include:
- Worldwide third-party liability insurance, up to the value of £10m
- Monthly copy of SCUBA magazine worth £47 per annum
- Unlimited access to expert advice from the experienced and friendly team at BSAC HQ
BSAC subscription is £55 per annum, £38 for a second member of a household and £28 if you are a full time student. There are further reductions for Dive Instructors. There is a common renewal date in March so if you join in another month you pay pro-rata until the end of the next February.
When you join you will need to complete a UK Sport Diver Medical Form. This is the same form for all UK dive clubs and schools, irrespective of which training agency they belong to. You don’t have to be super-fit, but you must satisfy certain basic health and fitness requirements. If you have to answer ‘yes’ to any of the questions you must contact a Diver Medical Referee. More details are available on the BSAC website. If you need to ask any questions about this just drop us a line.
How to join
Drop down on a Thursday evening to meet us. If you decide to join we will need your bank details to set up a monthly standing order. It is handy to know in advance if you are coming to visit so best to arrange a time by emailing email@example.com